Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Year As A Ghost

Often people like a song because they get it, sometimes you feel like the song gets you. 

Well thanks to Spotify I got into The Wonder Years and they are awesome! I feel like a lot of their songs get me and I get them. The Wonder Years is a pop-punk band from Philadelphia, they also have been tagged as realist pop punk. They don't glorify life, they just sing about it.

They are similar to Four Year Strong, New Found Glory, and Set Your Goals. They fit into pop punk, beardcore, and melodic hardcore tags, but if that info isn't enough here are some of their songs:

- Came Out Swinging

It's the first song I heard from them and I'm glad it was.


-Local Man Ruins Everything

"'Cause what I learned was 
It’s not about forcing happiness; 
It’s about not letting the sadness win."
Those just might be my favorite lines from any song!


-My Last Semester 

"And I don't make sense to anyone but my best friends."
True story.


- Melrose Diner
(Song begins after 1:20)
Good song, enough said.

Want more check out their music:
Spotify: The Wonder Years
They also recently released a book entitled "A Year As A Ghost" about the bands life.

No comments:

Post a Comment